Manage episode 343748867 series 172966
Are you interested in suffering less? Today's guest, Dharma teacher Pascal Auclair, is going to talk about seven very specific and practical ways to train your mind for reduced suffering by exploring a Buddhist list called the seven factors of awakening, which is a part of the fourth foundation of mindfulness. We’ve talked about a bunch of Buddhist lists on the show before, but this is one of the happiest of all the lists to explore.
Pascal Auclair has been immersed in Buddhist practice and study since 1997, sitting retreats in Asia and America. He has been mentored by Joseph Goldstein and Jack Kornfield, who have both been previous guests on this show. Pascal is now a core teacher at the Insight Meditation Society (IMS) in Massachusetts. He is also a co-founder of True North Insight and one of its guiding teachers.
This episode is the fifth and final installment of a series we've launched on the four foundations of mindfulness.
In this episode we talk about:
- The movement from difficult states of mind to more beneficial and helpful states of mind
- How the 7 factors can help you create your “best mind”
- The difference between the “energizing” and “calming” factors
- How to practically apply these factors to your daily life
- And specifically how the seven factors can improve your relationships
Full Shownotes: www.tenpercent.com/podcast-episode/pascal-auclair-508