Manage episode 342306683 series 175667
Short answer: 4-6 hours after a meal the small intestine is emptied and the insulin-to-glucagon ratio declines; 25 hours after, hepatic glycogen is emptied; 5 days later the brain is adapted to ketones and gluconeogenesis reaches its minimal level. Moving from one to the other cannot occur with a small piece of signaling like the bite of an apple. It requires the preponderance of signaling. This is a clip from a live Q&A session open to CMJ Masterpass members. In addition to this episode, you can access five other free samples using this link:https://chrismasterjohnphd.substack.com/p/questions-on-vitamin-d-fatty-liver In that batch of free episodes you will also find the answers to these questions:
- What's the difference between 25(OH)D and 1,25(OH)2D when it comes to the VDR?
- Reversing Fatty Liver: How Long Does It Take?
- What if my A1C says I'm diabetic but my CGM says I'm fine?
- Will reishi, turmeric, or curcumin tank my testosterone?
- The 3 Phases of Fasting: And How to Get Kicked Out of Each One
If you want to become a Masterpass member so you can participate in the next live Q&A, or so you can have access to the complete recording and transcript of each Q&A session, you can save 10% off the subscription price for as long as you remain a member by using this link to sign up: https://chrismasterjohnphd.substack.com/qanda Learn more about the Masterpass here: https://chrismasterjohnphd.substack.com/about This snippet is from the July 13, 2022 AMA. The full recording and transcript is reserved for Masterpass members. Here is a preview of what’s included:
- How do I know if my digestive enzymes are helping or hurting?
- Why does high-dose glycine give me these terrible symptoms?
- How to know if my magnesium is messing with my calcium?
- Why do I have vitamin A symptoms when my lab tests are normal?
- What is my favorite web site for finding enzymatic cofactors?
- Potassium citrate vs potassium chloride
- Major problems with B vitamin supplements
- Is food sensitivity testing useful?
- What nutrients might help with dihydropyrimidine dehydrogenase deficiency?
- Does lipoic acid hurt methylation?
- Sulfur SIBO that just won’t go away.
- Using lactate, pyruvate, and ketone ratios to indicate the NADH/NAD+ ratio.
- Helping bile flow without pharmaceuticals.
- Managing pernicious anemia.
- Do we really need to meet the RDA for calcium?
- Could stretch marks be a sign of copper toxicity?
- When iron saturation is driven by low binding capacity.
- How do I know if I need methyl-free Bs?
- What causes heat intolerance? Here’s a link to the full AMA: https://chrismasterjohnphd.substack.com/p/recording-and-transcript-of-the-june-de3
Access the show notes, transcript, and comments here.