Manage episode 319870776 series 2490074
It's that time of year when folks are thinking, talking and showing grand gestures of love - Valentine's Day is coming. So our host, Joe is exploring a subject we haven't talked too much about on past episodes - dating and romantic relationships post-brain injury. He's chatting with fellow stroke survivor Octavia Burrell about all aspects of the dating journey and managing relationships post-brain injury. They discuss timing, self-work, boundaries, family/friends plus the importance of dating yourself. If you're a brain injury survivor, what has been some challenges you've faced with relationships during recovery? Please share with us on our socials!
- Follow Octavia on IG - https://instagram.com/cbkelli
- Read Octavia’s Blog - http://www.nomadicaffeine.com/
• Support The NeuroNerds podcast on Patreon and join our NeuroJedi High Council at www.Patreon.com/TheNeuroNerds
• Check out The NeuroNerds Amazon Shop at amazon.com/shop/theneuronerds
• Plus get a free Audible trial at http://www.audibletrial.com/theneuronerds!
• Co-hosted by Joe Borges and Lauren Manzano
• Find Joe at http://joesorocks.com and @joesorocks on Twitter/Instagram
• Submit your stroke/brain injury recovery story at https://www.joesorocks.com/submit-your-story
• Find Lauren at @laurenlmanzano on Instagram, @tankbbg on Twitter
• Produced by Joe Borges and Felice LaZae, http://felicelazae.com, @felicelazae on Twitter/Instagram
• Edited by Felice LaZae
• Sponsored by Motus Nova, Avid Technology, and our Patreon Supporters