Manage episode 294637667 series 1348711
In today's episode of the Idea to Value Podcast, we speak with bestselling innovation author, facilitator and award winning innovation podcast host Aidan McCullen.
See the full episode at https://wp.me/p6pllj-1AM
#disruption #innovation #podcast #reinvention #metamorphosis
We speak about reinvention and how it applies to innovation, as well as the power of using metaphors.Topics covered in this episode:
- 00:01:30 - Aidan's history playing professional rugby, and how this led to him having to transform and reinvent himself
- 00:04:00 - The difference between choosing to change, and being forced to change (mental models)
- 00:09:00 - The half life and careers in organisations is becoming disrupted. What it means to become Undisruptable
- 00:11:45 - Experiences from youth can make someone developed a fixed view of themselves, and how instead we can create a growth mindset by changing the stories being told
- 00:14:30 - The fascinating biology of metamorphosis, imaginal disks and overcoming the immune system
- 00:18:30 - The value of gratitude for all your previous experiences before letting go
- 00:20:45 - You need to reinvent ahead of the time when you need it, and the value of experimentation
- 00:23:45 - Innovation needs to look at new business models and portfolios
- 00:26:00 - "The assets are in the ashes"
- The Innovation Show podcast: https://theinnovationshow.io/
- Book: Undisruptable: A Mindset of Permanent Reinvention for Individuals, Organisations and Life https://amzn.to/3xco0nz
- Aidan's website: https://aidanmccullen.com/
- Aidan's Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aidanmccullen/
This episode was made possible by our premium innovation and creativity training. Take your innovation and creativity capabilities to the next level by investing in yourself now, at https://www.ideatovalue.com/all-access-pass-insider-secrets/
* Subscribe on iTunes to the Idea to Value Podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/idea-to-value-creativity-innovation/id1199964981?mt=2
* Subscribe on Spotify to the Idea to Value Podcast: https://open.spotify.com/show/4x1kANUSv7UJoCJ8GavUrN
* Subscribe on Stitcher to the Idea to Value Podcast: http://www.stitcher.com/s?fid=129437&refid=stpr
* Subscribe on Google Podcasts to the Idea to Value Podcast: https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9pZGVhdG92YWx1ZS5saWJzeW4uY29tL3Jzcw
Want to rapidly validate new ideas and innovative products and GROW your online business?
These are the tools I actually use to run my online businesses (and you can too):
* The best email management and campaigns system: ActiveCampaign (Free Trial) http://www.activecampaign.com/?_r=M17NLG2X * Best value web hosting: BlueHost WordPress http://www.activecampaign.com/?_r=M17NLG2X * Landing pages, Sales Pages and Lead collection: LeadPages (Free Trial) http://leadpages.pxf.io/c/1385771/390538/5673 * Sharing & List building: Sumo (Free) https://sumo.com/?src=partner_ideatovalue * Payments, Shopping Cart, affiliate management and Upsell generator: ThriveCart https://improvides--checkout.thrivecart.com/thrivecart-standard-account/ * Video Webinars for sales: WebinarJam and Everwebinar ($1 Trial) https://nickskillicorn.krtra.com/t/lwIBaKzMP1oQ * Membership for protecting content: Membermouse (Free Trial) http://affiliates.membermouse.com/idevaffiliate.php?id=735 * eLearning System for students: WP Courseware https://flyplugins.com/?fly=293 * Video Editing: Techsmith Camtasia http://techsmith.z6rjha.net/vvGPv
I have used all of the above products myself to build IdeatoValue and Improvides, which is why I can confidently recommend them. I may also receive affiliate payments for any business I bring to them using the links above.