Manage episode 280425707 series 2842431
On today’s episode, Dr. Elana interviews Ryan Woodbury, the Co-Founder and Co-CEO of Needed, a nutrition company on a mission to empower women to find real nourishment on their journey to motherhood and beyond. Needed is one of our podcast partners this season and Dr. Elana and Steph both LOVE this company. They have worked closely with Needed helping formulate some of their dream products and asked the co-founder, Ryan, to be a guest to help guide you mamas how to choose a high-quality prenatal multivitamin. This is a hot topic they get asked often so it was time to dedicate an entire episode to this important topic. Did you know that 97% of pregnant mamas in the US take a prenatal vitamin, yet 95% plus are still deficient in key nutrients? This is just one of many facts you will learn so pull up a chair and get your notepads out..you’ve got a lot of great info coming your way!
- 5 Guiding tips how to choose a high quality prenatal
- Why the recommended daily amounts (RDA) are flawed and why mamas need more
- Whole food ingredients versus synthetic
- How to avoid heavy metals in prenatals
- When to start and stop a prenatal
- Other nutrients that can accompany a prenatal and why they are needed
- Behind the scenes of formulation and distribution
- Want to know if your prenatal is sufficient? Send a message to Needed at firstname.lastname@example.org or DM them on IG and one of their clinicians will share their insight for free!
- Watch this free webinar for a deeper dive on hot to choose a high quality prenatal
- Visit This is Needed website and use code DOCORTMOM at checkout to receive 20% off your first order.
- Listen to today’s episode on our website
Ryan Woodbury is the Co-Founder and Co-CEO of Needed, a nutrition company on a mission to empower women to find real nourishment on their journey to motherhood and beyond. We partner with doctors, midwives, nutritionists, biochemists, researchers, microbiologists, real mamas, and more to make better nutritional products and information more accessible in order to optimally nourish our mamas. 97% of pregnant mamas in the US take a prenatal vitamin, yet 95% plus are still deficient in key nutrients. I was one of them despite eating a really well sourced diet based on my environmental science and holistic nutrition training. In this episode we’ll run through some of the reasons why women are undernourished and how Needed designed their 4-Part Nutrition Plan to offer comprehensive nutrition for mamas and mamas-to-be.
INTRODUCE YOURSELF to Steph and Dr. Elana on Instagram. They can’t wait to meet you!
Please remember that the views and ideas presented on this podcast are for informational purposes only. All information presented on this podcast is for informational purposes and not intended to serve as a substitute for the consultation, diagnosis, and/or medical treatment of a healthcare provider. Consult with your healthcare provider before starting any diet, supplement regimen, or to determine the appropriateness of the information shared on this podcast, or if you have any questions regarding your treatment plan.