Mark Schultz - How to Write Songs that Deeply Impact People, Advice to Young Artists, and How to Use Your Platform to Make a Difference
Manage episode 319852146 series 2286515
In this episode of the L3 Leadership Podcast, Doug Smith interviews Mark Schultz. Mark tells us about his journey in being a successful Christian artist. He shares his process of songwriting, offers advice to young artists and discusses the importance of using your platform to give back.
Mark Schultz is a Christian artist who has sold over 1 million records. He has been nominated for numerous Dove Awards, winning his first at the 2006 Dove Awards. He has had over 13 Number 1 singles and has landed the top spot on Billboard’s Christian Adult Contemporary Songwriter List. Together, Mark and his wife, Kate, founded The Remember Me Mission, a non-profit dedicated to helping orphans all over the world. The Remember Me Mission has raised nearly 2 million dollars toward healthcare and education for orphans at home and abroad. Mark is the father of two adopted children and is also actively involved in his church.
Six Key Take-Aways
- He tells us about his early years in Nashville and how he became a well-known artist.
- His experience growing up as an adoptee and how that’s influenced his decision to adopt children of his own and has motivated him to help others.
- He talks about his process as a songwriter and gives advice to young musicians who are just getting started.
- Mark discusses what storytelling means to him and how he uses it to reach people.
- He talks about what he has learned from having his platform and the influence God has given him.
- Mark also shares the importance of investing in family and being a Dad.
“The people who made the biggest impact in my life were the ones who said, ‘I’m in.’”
- Mark Schultz
Quotes from the Episode
- “The key is to use your platform to lift others up.”
- “The best things happen to me outside of my comfort zone.”
- “Getting out of my comfort zone is where the magic happens.”
- “Find other people who don’t have a voice and be their voice.”
- “Take real life and turn it into art.”
- “If you’re meant to be in the music business (making music) you’ll find a way.”
- Mark’s Website: https://markschultzmusic.com/
- Mark’s Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/markschultz
- Mark’s Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mschultzmusic/
- Mark’s Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXLJLH--5bbEAxGeIm4iENg
- Mark’s Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/0s7Ro7Q2XagXEYhWbI9PHv?si=T3_rSCjjSnaqHjHlk1MA0Q
- Family Christian Stores: https://www.familychristian.com/home
- Remember Me Mission: https://markschultzmusic.com/remember-me-mission/
- Positive Parenting Solutions: https://www.positiveparentingsolutions.com/parenting-expert-amy-mccready
This episode is sponsored by Beratung Advisors and Henne Jewelers
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of the L3 Leadership podcast, where we’re obsessed with helping you grow to your maximum potential and maximize the impact of your leadership.
If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe to&