63. Janae Cox on Celiac Disease, PCOS, and the Biggest Lessons She’s Learned Through Her Daughter’s T1D Diagnosis
Manage episode 362814547 series 3332851
We are celebrating all of the mothers today - especially those raising children with T1D!
Our guest, Janae Cox, lives in Utah with her husband Kevin, and five children under fourteen. Her oldest, Kolbie, was diagnosed with T1D in July of 2020, then celiac disease shortly after. Janae is the founder of Clean Monday Meals and also has celiac disease and polycystic ovarian syndrome.
In this episode, we discuss...
- How a traumatic low blood sugar incident with Kolbie sent her into helicopter-mom mode and what she did to regroup
- How she meal preps gluten-free for a family of seven
- How she balances work, motherhood, and taking care of herself
- How she and her husband raise their kids on the values of service and honest communication
Send me a DM to introduce yourself with any feedback, questions, or suggestions on topics you’d like us to cover in future episodes.
Disclaimer: Nothing you hear on the Reclaim your Rise podcast should be a substitute for personalized professional medical advice. Please always consult your physician or other medical professional before making any changes to your diet, insulin dosages, or healthcare plan.