Manage episode 377972498 series 3332851
In today’s episode, we're having an open conversation about body image and weight loss goals for people living with type one diabetes. I do want to give a trigger warning that I do talk about dieting and body recomposition. So please skip this if you are not in a good place to explore these topics.
- (15:00) What body neutrality is and why I believe it’s important to reframe the body positivity movement
- (22:00) How to shift the focus away from aesthetics and weight and onto your overall health and blood sugars
- (31:00) Why taking insulin for the food that you need to fuel your body is not something to fear.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know if this is an episode format that you liked along with any questions that you have that you’d like for us to answer in future episodes!
Go beyond the basics in our FREE A1C masterclass and learn what has helped hundreds of our clients lower their A1C and transform their everyday life with T1D. Save your seat HERE.
3 things to do now:
- Follow me @lauren_bongiorno and @riselyhealth on Instagram to stay in the loop for when new episodes drop.
- See if you’re eligible for an Omnipod trial, plus find full safety info and terms and conditions at www.omnipod.com/rise
- Register for our FREE A1C masterclass HERE.
Disclaimer: Nothing you hear on the Reclaim your Rise podcast should be a substitute for personalized professional medical advice. Please always consult your physician or other medical professional before making any changes to your diet, insulin dosages, or healthcare plan.