78. Getting Diagnosed with T1D via Tiktok, Nerding Out Over Diabetes tech, and Long Covid with Justin Eastzer
Manage episode 374911653 series 3332851
I cannot wait for you to listen to today’s episode with special guest, Justin Eastzer!
Justin was diagnosed with T1D in May 2021, and with the help of the diabetes community on TikTok, was inspired to document his journey. His goal was to educate and help others feel less alone as he learned how to manage his diabetes. He has continued to share his experiences and diabetes management on social media in an effort to provide more education, support, and self-love in the diabetes community.
In this episode, we discuss...
- The health diagnosis Justin experienced at the age of 21 that prepared him in a unique way for his T1D diagnosis years later
- The exciting new ways that the world of diabetes tech advancements is progressing
- The DIY looping community and why Justin uses it over a commercial insulin pump
- The effect long haul Covid has had on Justin’s life with T1D
Purchase the Beef Liver Supplements we mentioned HERE.
Send me a DM to introduce yourself with any feedback, questions, or suggestions on topics you’d like us to cover in future episodes.
See if you’re eligible for an Omnipod trial, plus find full safety info and terms and conditions at www.omnipod.com/rise
RESOURCES FOR YOU:
The Diabetic Health Journal - the tool we use with all of our coaching clients. Grab your copy HERE.
The 7-step process we've used to help 600+ T1Ds lower their A1C while increasing their TIR HERE.
Disclaimer: Nothing you hear on the Reclaim your Rise podcast should be a substitute for personalized professional medical advice. Please always consult your physician or other medical professional before making any changes to your diet, insulin dosages, or healthcare plan.