Manage episode 165859898 series 126087
Adam Morgan founded the company eatbigfish, which challenges the status quo and creates an environment of challenger thinking and behavior. In this episode, Adam discusses his book "A Beautiful Constraint," and talks on how intrapreneurs can leverage their limits to come up with creative solutions.
What Is Covered
- 03:55 - Why did Adam write a book about constraints?
- 06:30 - Although constraints may have a bad rep, most of us understand on a basic level, that constraints are a good thing.
- 10:05 - There are three types of stages everybody goes through when they are faced with a difficult constraint.
- 13:45 - How do you keep optimism alive when faced with a difficult problem? By rephrasing the question.
- 19:55 - Adam was sitting in on a meeting, and the CEO said, “This year, we need to do more with less.” His staff was shocked, because no one knew what he meant, and they had already been working till 9 to 10 at night
- 22:55 - There are six steps outlined in Adam’s book, on how to transform your limitations into advantages. Of those six, which one has made the most impact on people?
- 29:40 - What constraints did Adam personally experience, when writing the book?
- 37:10 - What advice does Adam have for struggling intrapreneurs?
- 41:35 - Adam shares an example of how Virgin America was able to unlock the power of constraint, and use it to their advantage.
- 45:55 - What has Adam changed his mind about recently?
- 48:10 - What does Adam do to remain innovative and creative?
- 48:55 - What does Adam attribute his success to in life?
Links And Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
- eatbigfish: https://www.eatbigfish.com/
- A Beautiful Constraint: How To Transform Your Limitations Into Advantages: https://www.eatbigfish.com/books/a-beautiful-constraint
- Connect with Adam Morgan on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/eatbigfish
- Connect with Adam Morgan by email