Manage episode 275009358 series 30857
Alex Epstein interviews Joakim Book, an up-and-coming economic and environmental commentator.These days Book is writing articles challenging climate catastrophism and explaining the value of abundant energy use.But he used to be a climate activist who thought he was saving the planet from the evil of fossil fuels.Epstein and Book cover:
- Book’s time as a climate activist.
- Why Book and others never questioned the rightness of opposing fossil fuels.
- How economic thinking changed Book’s perspective.
- How Book was influenced by The Moral Case for Fossil Fuels.
- What lessons we can learn about persuasion from Book’s experience.