Manage episode 366157157 series 3482407
Today’s guest is Paul Norford, VP of Global Enablement & Chief Evangelist at Ivanti. Paul joins Ethan Beute to share how crucial it is for an evangelist to have the ability to tell a compelling story with passion and enthusiasm. These narratives can effortlessly draw in the audience and foster a meaningful connection.
Paul also explains the profound impact that the art of communication, customer empathy, and emotional intelligence have had on him. He urges us to ask relevant questions, which creates valuable insights.
- The most important part of being a Chief Evangelist:
- Connect deeply with your audience. By embodying thought leadership and tapping into current trends, you draw people in creating lasting engagements.
- Cultivate a persona that is not only relatable but also trustworthy. Staying true to yourself and your values, establish a solid foundation of integrity, which enhances your sphere of influence.
- By mastering the skill of EQ-driven active listening, we gain an understanding of someone else's perspective. Create a safe space that encourages authentic dialogue, enabling experiences, and emotions.
- When looking back at the lives of influential evangelists, they gained the ability to create extraordinary stories. These narratives can effortlessly draw in the audience and foster a profound connection. By following their tone, pitch, pace, and power, they transformed their words to resonate deeply with their listeners. Embracing the art of engaging storytelling, we can inspire and forge a lasting impact.
- With the rapid changes of technological advancements, Paul provokes introspection by asking, have humans truly changed? Despite the technological landscape evolving, human communication remains anchored in deep and long-standing truths. Through subtle nuances, Paul believes that we forge genuine connections and foster understanding. Chief Evangelists embrace the art of communicating by leaving an indelible mark on organizations and audiences.
- A good evangelist possesses the ability to stand out from the crowd. However, it is the exceptional evangelist who effortlessly draws people in and captivates their attention. This creates a deeper understanding of not only what lies directly in front of them but also the broader landscape of thought leadership. By immersing themselves in their surroundings, evangelists gain knowledge and insights into their customers.
- Evangelists can understand someone's passion, product, and solution, and then skillfully "solutionize" how it will address their challenges. It is crucial for evangelists to invest time and effort in learning about their client’s products and businesses. By immersing themselves, they not only demonstrate interest but also enhance their ability to present compelling solutions for their clients' needs. Offer valuable insights and customized solutions to turn prospects into loyal customers.
Quote of the Show:
- “By practicing the art and the skill of communicating, that’s when a Chief Evangelist is working at their optimum.”
Links Related to This Episode:
- Paul Norford’s on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/paulnorford/
- Ivanti Wavelink: https://www.ivanti.com/company/history/wavelink
- Paul Norford on Twitter: https://twitter.com/PaulNorford
- Pocket Full of Do Book: https://www.amazon.com/Pocket-Full-Do-Min-Cho/dp/0578551330
See or Hear More Conversations on Chief Evangelist with Ethan Beute:
- YouTube: https://youtube.com/@chiefevangelist
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/5tEPLXnkNSYAsjpwD3O69t
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/chief-evangelist-with-ethan-beute/id1652687400
- Chief Evangelist: https://www.podpage.com/chief-evangelist-with-ethan-beute/