Manage episode 365453879 series 3482407
Today’s guest is Leslie Pagel, Chief Evangelist at Authenticx. Leslie joins Ethan Beute to share the mission to help humans understand humans through the true voice of the customer.
Leslie explains how she joined the team as a Chief Customer Officer, with the role of helping the team define, measure, and achieve value with customers. In the shift to Chief Evangelist, her goal shifted from delivering value to healthcare companies to delivering value to the healthcare industry.
- The most important job of a Chief Evangelist is to open the eyes of business leaders to the importance of what they do. For her, eyes need to be opened to the importance of the authentic voice of customers, the capability to hear it, and to the power of conversation.
- The problem facing the industry Leslie serves is that most data is “stored and ignored.” Artificial intelligence doesn’t do the listening that humans do, but it surfaces opportunities to hear, empathize, learn, and improve.
- The mission Leslie’s on is to help humans understand humans. She built her career in customer experience and the voice of customers before these were popular business terms. Evangelizing with Authenticx aligns well in so many ways.
- As a Chief Customer Officer, it is always about value. The team must figure out what the client needs, what they have available, and how to unlock value together. Ideally, it’s matched with hard metrics defining success.
- After the initial confusion and even resistance to the title, Leslie finds “Chief Evangelist” the perfect fit for the role because of what it conjures in the mind’s eye when someone hears it.
Quote of the Show:
- “It’s about opening eyes - talking with business leaders to help them see a new reality.”
Links Related to This Episode:
- Leslie Pagel’s on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/lpagel/
- Authenticx: https://authenticx.com/
- Conscious Capitalism: https://indianapolis.consciouscapitalism.org/
- F45 Training: https://f45training.com/
See or Hear More Conversations on Chief Evangelist with Ethan Beute:
- YouTube: https://youtube.com/@chiefevangelist
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/5tEPLXnkNSYAsjpwD3O69t
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/chief-evangelist-with-ethan-beute/id1652687400
- Chief Evangelist: https://www.podpage.com/chief-evangelist-with-ethan-beute/