Manage episode 365453881 series 3482407
Today’s guest is Jonathan Stephens, Chief Evangelist at EveryPoint. Jonathan joins Ethan Beute to share how his journey into marketing, content, and live streaming resulted in organizations like NVIDIA inviting him onto their platforms. Jonathan realized that his reach widened as he shifted from a corporate logo and voice to leading with his personal name and face.
Jonathan explains how his live, unedited videos were key to creating understanding and awareness of EveryPoint’s technology. It’s honest. It’s raw. It’s being applied to real problems. And it creates conversation. But he also explains why some of his most popular content isn’t always the most effective.
- The most important job as an evangelist is to humanize your company and its brand. Welcome people to engage with it on a personal level. Become that person your customers can reach out to and connect with.
- Hyper-edited content about emerging technology can feel corporately mass-produced and manipulated compared to the flaws and human mistakes throughout an unedited live stream. This builds credibility and authority.
- Jonathan believes that there is no point in technology if it is not solving a problem. His goal is to convert companies to become more involved with technology to help solve issues.
- Jonathan’s job is to show people what’s possible and invite the problems it solves to emerge. He doesn’t have all of the answers, but he’s an approachable person who’s capturing and sharing the voice of the client and serving as their advocate internally and externally.
Quote of the Show:
- “The answers are not in your office. The answers are outside with your clients. You have to get out there.”
Links Related to This Episode:
- Jonathan Stephens’s on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathanstephens/
- EveryPoint: https://everypoint.io/
- Stockpile Reports: https://www.stockpilereports.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/jonstephens85
- Jonathan Stephens’s LinkTree: https://linktr.ee/jonstephens
See or Hear More Conversations on Chief Evangelist with Ethan Beute:
- YouTube: https://youtube.com/@chiefevangelist
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/5tEPLXnkNSYAsjpwD3O69t
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/chief-evangelist-with-ethan-beute/id1652687400
- Chief Evangelist: https://www.podpage.com/chief-evangelist-with-ethan-beute/