Manage episode 365453883 series 3482407
Today’s guest is Justin Robbins, Founder and Principal Analyst at Metric Sherpa. Justin joins Ethan Beute to share the importance of real-world experience serving as the foundation for effective evangelism.
Justin explains why many companies need a savvy, strategic evangelist, not just a spokesperson. Evangelism isn’t just about telling a story or addressing a here-and-now problem or opportunity. It’s about creating meaning and impact in a bigger and longer-term way. He does this by walking through his service as a Chief Evangelist and as a Senior Director of Corporate Communications and Evangelism.
- An evangelist's most important job is to get people excited, tell stories, and share the impact, meaning, and value that a solution can provide.
- Effective evangelism comes from true experience and the ability of people to recognize that the evangelist has faced some of the same things you have.
- Measuring efficacy involves tracking activities, but also the impact of those activities. The impact is what matters and the basis for measurement is the problem you’re trying to solve.
- There are multiple paths to an evangelist role; Justin shares two of them. One started through his background in training and consulting and the other through fractional work for a CMO.
- An evangelist must be a student of the spaces in which they’re serving – doing research and reading it, joining sales calls and listening in, developing and substantiating ideas and beliefs, advising the organization and its stakeholders, and thinking through what’s happening now and what’s coming in the future.
Quote of the Show:
- “A spokesperson delivers a message. An evangelist cultivates a movement.”
Links Related to This Episode:
- Justin Robbins on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/justinmrobbins/
- Metric Sherpa: https://metricsherpa.com/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/justinmrobbins
See or Hear More Conversations on Chief Evangelist with Ethan Beute:
- YouTube: https://youtube.com/@chiefevangelist
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/5tEPLXnkNSYAsjpwD3O69t
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/chief-evangelist-with-ethan-beute/id1652687400
- Chief Evangelist: https://www.podpage.com/chief-evangelist-with-ethan-beute/