Manage episode 256517667 series 2394117
(click to tweet)
Dopamine is a substance in your brain that not only makes you feel good in general, but also confident and ambitious. But science has shown that the more that you win, the more dopamine receptors you grow. This makes you more confident and ambitious, which in turn makes you grow even more receptors.
It’s a virtuous cycle.
But it goes both ways, and this is why those who win tend to continue to win, while those who are stuck with a limiting mindset have a very difficult time breaking out of that mindset.
Your mindset might not be your fault. It could be a result of your parents, the public school system, your friends, or any number of factors. But it is holding you back.
This is why I try to show you my own success and the success of others. So that your world expands, and your mindset enlarges. As this happens, and you see the possibilities in the world, you start to win more, you grow more dopamine receptors, and the cycle begins to turn in your favor instead of against you.
And understanding of the above science is essential to being able to motivate yourself to work hard and succeed, and that is what I’m teaching you on this episode of The Tai Lopez Show!
Don’t forget, you can listen to The Tai Lopez Show on Spotify! Click “Follow” and let me know what you think!
(click to tweet)
Points to Keep In Mind
- You have to understand how to motivate yourself
- Dopamine receptors are what make you feel good, and more importantly, confident
- When you win, your brain grows more dopamine receptors, and when you lose, you lose dopamine receptors
- Winning makes you more confident and more ambitious, which then makes you more ambitious, and makes you win more. It’s a virtuous cycle
- You need to be rewired for success
- It’s not enough to know how to do something, you have to have the confidence, ambition, and motivation to follow through on it
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.