Manage episode 341797072 series 3392729
Safety and security!
Every stable government should do everything within its power to guarantee its citizens these two things. One of the ways of improving security is by equipping security personnel with the right tools.
In today’s data-driven world, this means solutions that can process more data in the environment they’re deployed in better than a person would. Such a solution would enhance the capability of police officers and other security personnel. This is exactly what Knightscope robots are designed to do.
In this episode, the first part of two, Ed Bernardon interviews William Santana Li, Chairman, and CEO of Knightscope – an advanced security technology company that makes fully autonomous security robots built to deter, detect and report. He’ll help us understand more about their robots and the progress they’ve made so far.
Some Questions I Ask:
- What needs to change for the US to become the safest country in the world? (02:27)
- How can you help achieve the security standards people expect? (08:10)
- How does the data collection system work? (17:02)
- What were some of the most surprising things that happened in the robot’s interaction with people that you didn't expect? (20:32)
- Will your robots, at some point in the future, carry weapons? (25:45)
What You’ll Learn in this Episode:
- The extent of the shortage of police officers in the US (04:05)
- Knightscope’s robots capabilities (06:55)
- The price of Knightscope’s autonomous security robot services (14:40)
- How Knightscope’s robots communicate with people (19:36)
- The factors they took into consideration when designing their robots (27:20)
Connect with William Santana Li:
Connect with Ed Bernardon:
- Future Car: Driving a Lifestyle Revolution
- Motorsports is speeding the way to safer urban mobility
- Siemens Digital Industries Software
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.