Manage episode 292192309 series 2342628
Today Kevin has two very special guests, Vito and Daniella a father and daughter duo, who reveal all about their property journey!
They talk about how they got started, especially the value they found from attending Progressive courses and being mentored. They also discuss mindset, the tips that worked for them, the great success they have already had and their big plans for the future.
- Vito was an estate agent for 25 years including having his own practice for 17 of those them. He sold his business and after attending his first progressive course decided to start his own property business. Daniella has a background in the hospitality industry which she then decided to use alongside her Dad Vito’s expertise to form a super family duo in the property world!
- Having such an extensive background in the estate agency world, Vito expected to really know all about property. But after attending a progressive event in 2020 he was amazed at the things he learnt, it truly opened his mind and kick started his next steps, including further courses and mentoring with the progressive family.
- Vito and Daniella discussed various property strategies and decided to go down the serviced accommodation route. Daniella had a wealth of experience so although she was hesitant at first, she ultimately decided to utilise her knowledge and agreed on this way forward with her Dad Vito.
- When speaking to agents, be yourself, tell them what your goals are and be transparent. Let them understand what you are trying to achieve and the deals will come. You will get no’s, but you only need a few yes’s for success!
- As with any business, working relationships are key. Always bear this in mind when speaking to people for the first time. Even if you don’t strike a deal the first time, they might have what you are looking for down the line. You want to be the first person in their mind when they see something that would work for you.
- The business is already in profit, how many other business ventures would you expect to be making a profit so early on in the journey? It’s incredible.
- Vito and Daniella are now focusing on serviced accommodation management, finding investors and growing as much as they can. They have big plans for the future including bringing in aspects from the hotel industry into SA accommodation, such as loyalty schemes.
- Vito says one of his biggest challenges before starting this venture was mindset, this as well as the vast knowledge and education he got from attending progressive courses and being mentored was invaluable. He attributes a lot of his success down to working with progressive.
“I was always on the other side”
“The stars aligned and we decided to work together”
“Every mentor we spoke to said you’ve got the education but you have to take the actions”
“You really have to push yourself”
“We couldn’t have started what we have without progressive”
ABOUT THE HOST
Kevin McDonnell is a Speaker, Author, Mentor & Professional Property Investor. He is an expert when it comes to creative property investment strategies. His book No Money Down: Property Invest talks about how to control and cash flow other people’s property to create financial freedom.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.