Manage episode 273761567 series 2342628
Welcome to a very special episode of the Progressive Property Podcast as Kevin covers the five key things to know before you get started in property. Discover why you don’t need your own money to start investing, why it’s important to surround yourself with a network of like-minded people and why cheap doesn’t mean cheap! If you’re starting out in property, this episode is for you.
- You don’t need your own money to start. With low-interest rates, there are billions of people looking for safe investments in the property market and you can help them by finding and sourcing deals and purchasing property with none of your own money.
- Surround yourself with likeminded people. Your network is your network, the right network of people will help to advise you to build assets, invest your wealth back into yourself and help to grow you and your legacy over time.
- Invest locally. You know your local area better than anyone else. Investing locally means you can move quickly, negotiate better deals, build and expand on your local network and invest in the right areas because you know your local streets.
- Find a mentor that challenges you to think bigger. Everyone has a mentor in their life but are they protecting you and holding you back? Join the Progressive community and find a property mentor that is an expert in property and that can help to propel you and your property portfolio forward.
- Cheap doesn’t mean valuable. The R.E.A.S.O.N model helps you identify what not to buy. Rundown, Expensive, Abroad, Scattergun, Off-plan, New-build.
“There’s nothing safer than property investment”
“When you invest locally, you know the property market”
“Investing with your own money is the thing that holds most of us back in building a property portfolio.”
No Money Down Challenge - YouTube
ABOUT THE HOST
Kevin McDonnell is a Speaker, Author, Mentor & Professional Property Investor. He is an expert when it comes to creative property investment strategies. His book No Money Down: Property Invest talks about how to control and cash flow other people’s property to create financial freedom.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.