Manage episode 361844463 series 3404044
Losing a spouse is difficult. Losing a spouse that handles your household finances is devastating. Hear Tyler Emrick, CFA®, CFP®, discuss what you need to know to ensure your household is in good financial shape after you pass and how True Wealth Design helps families when they need it the most – after a loss of a loved one.
Here are some of what we discuss in this episode:
- Experience working with families in this situation. (1:26)
- The problems that arise when just one spouse handles everything. (3:33)
- Getting a person comfortable to make decisions and take over the financial role. (8:06)
- How we advise people about the estate planning process. (10:57)
- The division of labor in the household and Tyler’s personal experience. (13:23)
- What are the typical changes for the surviving spouse? (20:21)
Need help making sure your investments and retirement plan are on track? Click to schedule a free 15-minute call with one of True Wealth's CFP® Professionals.