Manage episode 337550606 series 2994028
Richard Glick, the Chair of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), joined Crystal Ball, Matt Schroettnig, and Paul Dockery for the fourth installation of our Electric Market Enthusiasm series. We try to keep it light while discussing transmission, batteries, price formation, the incremental approach to market expansion, governance, and FERC’s recently published five year strategic plan. To close it out we played an outro game called "Which FERC is the best FERC?".
06:02 - Discuss elements of FERC’s FY22-26 Strategic Plan
- FERC FY22-26 Strategic Plan | Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Fact Sheet | Strategic Plan FY 2022-2026 | Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
15:01 - New merch idea
15:12 - Benefits of Transmission Regionalization
- The Pacific Northwest/Pacific Southwest Intertie
- MISO board approves $10.3B transmission plan to support 53 GW of renewables
- the Organization of MISO States
24:28 - Governance and the incremental approach to market expansion
27:58 - “I think it’s inevitable”
31:46 - Outro Game: Which FERC is the best FERC?
You can find our merch on shopify. You can find the podcast on Apple Podcast, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts. Remember to share this with any friends you have that are electric utility enthusiasts like us!
Public Power Underground, for electric utility enthusiasts! Public Power Underground, it’s work to watch!