Manage episode 277955742 series 30857
On this week’s Power Hour Alex interviews futurist J. Storrs Hall, author of the mind-blowing book Where’s My Flying Car? which gives a brilliant analysis of what has held back many forms of progress, including flying cars, over the last half-century.
Topics they cover include:
- What is the Great Stagnation?
- How did you become interested in analyzing the Great Stagnation?
- What is your basic explanation for The Great Stagnation?
- How does government funding of research promote stagnation?
- How does the “green” philosophy promote stagnation?
- What was the trajectory of nuclear energy before government started criminalizing it?
- What legal/regulatory reforms are necessary to decriminalize nuclear?
- What can we do to liberate human progress from its political and philosophical strangulation?