Manage episode 328175101 series 3234219
What are examples of when it makes sense to pay more than the usual price or fair value for an item or asset?
Topics covered include:
- Why we are willing to pay a premium for convenience, scarcity, status and to avoid waste
- What is the difference between net asset value and book value
- Why business development companies can sell at a premium
- Why farmland REITs sell at a premium
- Why closed-end funds sell at a premium
- How to decide whether to pay a premium or not
For more information on this episode click here.