Manage episode 336070196 series 2289341
God is glorified when His children grow in faith toward Him.
Our Faith Grows when we realize that:
1. God sometimes directs us toward storms.
- Luke 8:22 Now it happened, on a certain day, that He got into a boat with His disciples. And He said to them, “Let us cross over to the other side of the lake.” And they launched out.
- Psalm 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
- Job 23:10 But He knows the way that I take; When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold.
2. Jesus is always able to deliver us from storms.
- Luke 8:24 And they came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Master, Master, we are perishing!” Then He arose and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water. And they ceased, and there was a calm.
- Psalm 34:4 I sought the Lord, and He heard me, And delivered me from all my fears.
- Psalm 34:17 The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles.
3. It is through storms that God demonstrates His power.
- Luke 8:25 But He said to them, “Where is your faith?” And they were afraid, and marveled, saying to one another, “Who can this be? For He commands even the winds and water, and they obey Him!”
- John 16:33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
- Isaiah 43:19 Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert.