Manage episode 345129570 series 2289341
October 23, 2022
Main Point:We glorify God when our lives are involved in His mission for the church.
Being mission minded means:
1. Submitting to the Lord’s choosing.
- Luke 10:1 After these things the Lord appointed seventy others also, and sent them two by two before His face into every city and place where He Himself was about to go.
- John 15:16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.
- 1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
2. Understanding the mission.
- Luke 10:3 Go your way; behold, I send you out as lambs among wolves.
- Romans 16:3 Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus,
- 2 Timothy 2:15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
3. Obeying the orders.
- Luke 10:9 And heal the sick there, and say to them, ‘The kingdom of God has come near to you.’
- Luke 6:46 “But why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say?
- John 14:21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and [a]manifest Myself to him.”
- Titus 3:1 Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work,