Manage episode 276136086 series 2794050
John Gill is an attorney and Certified Fraud Examiner. He is the Vice President of Education with the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The origin of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners.
- Why the ACFE only has the CFE credential
- The four sections on the test
- How certified fraud examiners uncovered Bernie Madoff and the WorldCom scandal
- What the requirements to take the test
- Resources available for continuing education and job placement
- How the ACFE wants qualified instructors and writers for their continuing education
- How to start your career as a certified fraud examiner
- The value of the local chapters of the ACFE
- What opportunities are available when you earn the CFE credential
- How technology is the biggest challenge for the ACFE