Manage episode 276897201 series 2794050
Doug Miller is a retired special agent with the Internal Revenue Service, Criminal Investigation. He is currently an investigator with the North Carolina State Bar, which is a state government agency that investigates and prosecutes attorneys practicing in North Carolina.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The role of the NC State Bar in investigating and prosecuting attorneys
- The common reasons that attorneys become disbarred.
- How to limit the risk in finding an unethical attorney.
- How the NC State Bar investigates allegations of theft by attorneys
- The current crisis of cybercrimes against real estate closing transactions.