Manage episode 272832947 series 2794050
Jim Lanik is a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Panel Trustee and law partner at Waldrep LLP. His role is to administer the bankruptcy code for the Bankruptcy Court. At times, a Trustee hires a forensic accountant with the Court's permission to assist the Trustee in finding hidden assets and income. The credibility of the bankruptcy process requires honesty and transparency.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The difference between Chapter 7, Chapter 13, and other types of bankruptcy
- The role of the Trustee in bankruptcy proceedings
- When and why a forensic accountant or fraud examiner is hired by the Court
- What a Trustee looks for when recommending a forensic accountant to the Court
- What happens if bankruptcy fraud is suspected.
- How a forensic accountant should network with other Trustees
- How one debtor went on a cruise, which landed him in prison.
If you are benefiting from this podcast, share it with a friend or your group, and don't forget to leave a review on your favorite podcast platform. A review helps others find this podcast.
Check out www.fraudfighterpodcast.com for more episodes.