Manage episode 273137703 series 2794050
Scott Stringer is a CFE, CPA, Business Valuator, and Arbitrator. He is an expert witness and arbitrator regarding damages in complex commercial litigation.
National Children's Cancer Society https://www.thenccs.org/
In this episode, we discuss:
- The importance of forensic accounting in family law and divorces
- How forensic accounting helps divorce cases in evaluating a business, asset tracing, and disposition of wasted marital assets.
- The value of the CPA license versus the CFE certificate in forensic accounting in fraud examinations and business valuations
- What education and skills are needed as an arbitrator in business valuations
- Why networking is like farming versus hunting.
- The difference between being a consultant and testifying as an expert witness
- Why an engagement letter is important
- How the future of forensic accounting in a digital age includes tracing cryptocurrency, cybercrimes, and international movement of money
If you are benefiting from this podcast, share it with a friend or your group, and don't forget to leave a review on your favorite podcast platform. A review helps others find this podcast.
Check out www.fraudfighterpodcast.com for more episodes.