Manage episode 274870220 series 2154765
In this 144th episode of Fintech Impact, Jason Pereira, award-winning financial planner, university lecturer, writer, and host interviews Michael Kane, co-founder of Hydrogen Platform, a fintech company working to build seamless financial platforms in an attempt to digitize the world financial system.
● 0:38 – Michael Kane introduces Hydrogen Platform.
● 1:22 – How did Hydrogen come to be?
● 3:22 – What is it like for Michael running a company with his twin brother?
● 4:55 – Michael breaks down the different fintech solutions that Hydrogen Platform offers to end-users.
● 12:20 – Explain the concept of high-code, low-code, and no-code programming.
● 18:03 – How does Michael see the end-vision for other brands and companies leveraging Hydrogen Platform and other platforms like it?
● 24:44 – Collaboration between the financial and tech industries will only grow in the future.
● 27:43 – Michael believes that pricing is far too high in his industry.
● 29:52 – What has been the biggest challenge for Hydrogen Platform to get where it is today?
● 32:00 – What excites Michael the most about what he is doing right now?
3 Key Points
1. Hydrogen Platform has made financial-technology integration easy by layering no-code and low-code applications on top of it.
2. Most vendors usually stick to their specialty silo and that’s where Hydrogen comes in, putting together all the pieces in an open banking platform.
3. In the future, companies all over the world will be integrating the different financial platforms that can be found with Hydrogen Platform.
● “Why can’t we just take our expertise, put it into a platform and then allow all these companies to use the technology that we had built in a more B2B enterprise application layer?” – Michael Kane
● “Applying for loans, it’s very painful. What if you could pull that in without any integration work...so the end user doesn’t know that they’re using Hydrogen.” – Michael Kane
● “You can’t necessarily go to one vendor to do some of these things...a vendor that does payments or cards or banking may not offer KYC.” – Michael Kane
● “The speed at which some of the development I’m seeing get done now is just neck-breaking compared to what it used to be.” – Jason Pereira
● “It’s a challenge when you’re doing something new and getting people aligned with what you’re doing, but so far we’ve been successful.” – Michael Kane
● Facebook – Jason Pereira’s Facebook
● LinkedIn – Jason Pereira’s LinkedIn
● FintechImpact.co – Website for Fintech Impact
● JasonPereira.ca – Sign up for Jason Pereira’s newsletter
● Hydrogen Platform - Website
● LinkedIn - Michael Kane’s LinkedIn
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.