Manage episode 274335902 series 2154765
In this 143rd episode of Fintech Impact, Jason Pereira, award-winning financial planner, university lecturer, writer, and host interviews Heinrich Zetlmayer, the Founder and CEO of Blockchain Valley Ventures, a Swiss venture firm that focuses on industry-leading blockchain businesses.
- 0:32 – Heinrich introduces Blockchain Valley Ventures.
- 1:48 – Heinrich left IBM in 2008 to enter the venture capital industry.
- 2:55 – Investments in the blockchain space needed to be separated from the business.
- 4:26 – Blockchain Valley Ventures helps entrepreneurs by taking care of their problems.
- 5:48 – Switzerland is a hotspot in the crypto world because of its unique regulations.
- 7:07 – BVV invests in only two types of sectors.
- 8:18 – With all the remote working brought on by COVID, Keyless has been brought to the forefront.
- 9:32 – Heinrich discusses the multiple clusters in the supply chain management industry.
- 12:03 – How are consumers finding product-market fit right now?
- 17:49 – What excites Heinrich about the blockchain industry in the near future?
- 20:09 – How will gaming play a part in the future of blockchain?
- 21:40 – Coin Source is developing a system of crypto ATMs.
- 24:20 – Why do people fear the volatility of the bitcoin market?
- 26:10 – If Heinrich could change one thing about the blockchain sector, what would it be?
- 26:44 – What is the biggest challenge in Heinrich’s company today?
- 27:49 – Heinrich discusses what excites him the most about his career.
3 Key Points
- Blockchain Valley Ventures provides value to entrepreneurs by helping them with their problems.
- Blockchain is just moving out of its infancy as an industry.
- People struggle with blockchain because of the volatility of bitcoin, but in reality, world currency is just as volatile.
- “We’re fully dedicated to the impact of blockchain technology and blockchain innovation...because it is such a fundamental innovation. It’s so complex in itself as it combines legal, technology, innovation.” - Heinrich Zetlmayer
- “If you want to be relevant in the blockchain space and deliver value, you cannot be just an investor. You need to add value.” - Heinrich Zetlmayer
- “The whole industry is moving out of an early-stage industry. It’s moving from proofs-of-concept into pilate projects and rollouts.” - Heinrich Zetlmayer
- “Value is not in a physical object; it can be abstracted. Just for the sake of convenience, it’s going to continue to grow around the world.” Jason Pereira
- Facebook – Jason Pereira’s Facebook
- LinkedIn – Jason Pereira’s LinkedIn
- FintechImpact.co – Website for Fintech Impact
- JasonPereira.ca – Sign up for Jason Pereira’s newsletter
- LinkedIn – Heinrich Zetlmayer’s LinkedIn
- Bvventures.ch – Blockchain Valley Ventures Website
See acast.com/privacy for privacy and opt-out information.