Manage episode 250346623 series 52385
This month's episode of Books and Ideas is an interview with astronomer Brian Keating about his memoir Losing the Nobel Prize: A Story of Cosmology, Ambition, and the Perils of Science's Highest Honor. His book is a first hand look at the hard work behind the scientific effort to determine how the universe really began, but as the title implies, it also contains a candid account of how striving for the Nobel Prize can be both motivating, but strangely counterproductive.
Links and References:
- Losing the Nobel Prize: A Story of Cosmology, Ambition, and the Perils of Science's Highest Honor by Brian Keating
- Plesae complete a brief audience survy.
- Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post voice feedback at http://speakpipe.com/docartemis.
- Please support Books and Ideas via Patreon at http://patreon.com/booksandideas.
- To win an Amazon gift certificate: post a review of Books and Ideas in iTunes and send me a screenshot.
Connect on Social Media: