Manage episode 376476299 series 1539392
TWiM reveals that the ice cream manufacturing environment harbors psychrotrophic bacteria, and identification of a deadly bacterial strain causing widespread deaths of newborns in Uganda.
Become a patron of TWiM.Links for this episode
- Pyschrotrophic bacteria in ice cream plants (Appl Environ Micro)
- Creamery pays fine for contaminated ice cream (US DOJ)
- Paenibacillus infection of infants in Uganda (The Lancet)
- Deadly bacterial strain identified (Yale SOM)
- Take the TWiM Listener survey!
Send your microbiology questions and comments (email or recorded audio) to email@example.com