Manage episode 278322625 series 2462848
In this podcast, Kevin talks about marketing your serviced accommodation effectively. Explaining how to get the most out of online travel agency sites, email marketing, online ads, leafleting and social media. As well as how to list yourself on Google and make the most of the lucrative corporate client market using sites like Silver Door and Situ.
He compares the process(es) of setting your properties up on Booking.com and Airbnb, explaining how they differ. Kevin also shares tips and tricks that can be used to get your listings placed high in the results on these extremely important platforms.
- Marketing is essential.
- Even if your SA is the best in the area, if people don´t know about it, you won´t make any money.
- Create your marketing campaigns with your short and long-term goals in mind.
- Emphasise what makes you different and better than the competition.
- Seek out and make full use of ways to get your properties listed above others on the various platforms. In the podcast, Kevin shares several approaches you can use.
- Use any performance data that is available to see how you are performing against your competitors.
- Think carefully before activating automatic smart pricing.
- Keep track of what is going on in your market pricing wise, so you remain competitive while maximising your profits.
- Old school marketing methods, such as leafleting, still work when done in the right way, so investigate those too.
- Direct marketing, using email and other messaging formats can be remarkably effective, especially for corporate clients.
- There are many ways to use social media to market your business. Kevin shares several of them in the podcast.
- In some areas, Google Ads can be a cost-effective way to sell space in your properties. Facebook Ads work too and are generally cheaper.
- Having your own website will help you regardless of which marketing techniques you choose to use.
‘You can have the best SA in the world but if you don’t market your property
properly you will not make much money.’
‘SA operators get the majority of their bookings from Booking.com. ‘
‘Once you find out who would be a good person to contact at a company
or organisation you can connect with them on LinkedIn.’
ABOUT THE HOST
Your host Kevin Poneskis enjoys public speaking, travelling, exercising, and keeping fit. He also enjoys working with a charity called STOLL which provides accommodation and training for homeless veterans.
Kevin was in the British Army serving 24 years, mostly in a Commando unit, and retired at the rank of Regimental Sergeant Major. He left the Army in 2011 and became a full-time property investor. During most of his Army career, Kevin was investing in property and has been a property investor now for over 27 years.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.