Manage episode 296735126 series 2922369
Implementing cloud or migration to cloud is challenging. Organizations that have built thousands of applications over the past two to three decades require re-architecting to run efficiently, securely, and resiliently in the cloud.
Your next steps are to perform a cloud migration assessment based on your cloud strategy and business objectives. It will help identify the right migration pattern and cloud architecture required to go for the workload. Today we will talk about three vital areas
- Cloud migration scenario / strategies
- Cloud migration approach - Take a Workload-centric Approach
- Cloud migration assessment method
You could have different business goals to introduce digital products and services to market faster. You want to reduce your technical debt or replace on-premises infrastructure due to the end of life. All these reasons are leading you to migrate to the cloud. However, you need to decide and call which application/system is the right candidate for cloud migration. You need to have a clear understanding of the target application's only requirements and dependencies.
On the other hand, digital transformation forces you to make quick decisions, like Microsoft CEO's famous quote.
“We’ve seen two years of digital transformation in two months.” By Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella
- Session no 91: Workload Migration to Cloud – Getting Started
- 2 years of digital transformation in 2 months
- IDC expects 2021 to be the year of multi-cloud as global COVID-19 pandemic reaffirms critical need for business agility
- Infrastructure and security challenges threaten multi-cloud and edge deployments, new survey from Volterra shows
- How CIOs and CTOs can accelerate digital transformations through cloud platforms