Manage episode 282810252 series 2295409
Sarah and Amanda do an episode ripped from the headlines with celebrity ghost stories and the secret life of sex toys. Sarah takes a cue from Variety and a few other publications obsessed with the supernatural encounters of the rich and famous, including Cher, Keanu Reeves, and Cate Blanchett. Amanda tells the shocking truth about chastity belts and the problems with their high-tech, modern-day versions. Other subjects covered include one-use white domestic terrorist tools, a period fetish community, and the extra-ness of Joan Collins.
Amanda recommends the animated series Gravity Falls. Sarah recommends The Alienist and Search Party.
- Smithsonian Magazine (Medieval Chastity Belts Are a Myth)
- Atlas Obscura (Everything You’ve Heard About Chastity Belts Is a Lie)
- The Medieval Chastity Belt: A Myth-Making Process, Albrecht Classen
- Vice (‘Your Cock Is Mine Now:’ Hacker Locks Internet-Connected Chastity Cage, Demands Ransom)
- The Verge (Internet-enabled male chastity cage can be remotely locked by hackers)
- The chilling past of Cate Blanchett's English manor revealed
- The 15 creepiest abandoned places in Britain you’d NEVER spend the night in
- Kristen Stewart Plays It Cool
- 50 Terrifying Ghost Stories Told by Famous People
- 23 Celebs Who Have Had Actual Ghost Encounters
- Facebook: Potters Manor House
- Cate Blanchett Can Build a Meditation Room in Her “Haunted” Mansion, But She Has to Move the Bats First