Manage episode 275120798 series 2295409
Amanda and Sarah head back to the big leagues with more heavy hitters. Sarah begins a two-part dive into the Black Monk of Pontefract with a detailed account of the poltergeist activity that plagued a family in England. Amanda heads to Washington for the Ape Canyon attack of 1924, when a group of gold prospectors claimed to have battled with several Bigfoot-like beings. Other subjects covered include innovative jack-o'-lantern design, Gen X neediness, and bean and hotcake breakfasts.
Sarah recommends The Haunting of Bly Manor series on Netflix. Amanda recommends the haunted house slasher flick Haunt on Shudder.
- “Poltergeist: A Classic Study in Evil” by Colin Wilson
- “The Black Monk of Pontefract” by Richard Estep and Bill Bungay
- Rue Morgue (PARANORMAL PONTEFRACT: EXPLORING THE LEGACY OF THE MOST VIOLENT HAUNTING IN BRITAIN)
- 30 East Drive
- The Bigfoot Classics (I Fought the Bigfoot of Mount St. Helens, Washington)
- Slate (The Ape Canyon Sasquatch Attack)
- Oregon Live (How a 1924 Bigfoot battle on Mt. St. Helens helped launch a legend: Throwback Thursday)