Gender Equality in Higher Education, Science and Research - Sandra Eder, Daniela Jauk, Simone Poetscher
Manage episode 295027113 series 2818371
In this episode, Sandra Eder (Berkeley University), Daniela Jauk (University of Akron), Simone Poetscher (OSTA), and Susanne Hamscha (Regional Diversity Coordinator EUR) talk about gender equality and higher education in the US and Austria. Sandra and Daniela share how gender, class, and age factored into their career decisions, while Simone speaks from her rich experience of working with researchers and scientists. Sandra Eder and Daniela Jauk are both alums of Fulbright Austria; Simone collaborates with Fulbright in her capacity at OSTA and is also Connector in Chief at Thrycon.
Useful Links and Resources mentioned in the Podcast:
- Elsevier Report
- Stride program, University of Michigan
- Gendered Innovations @ Stanford
- Faculty Activity/Workload dashboards
- Joya Misra on Inside Higher Ed
- Zippel, Kathrin. Women in Global Science: Advancing Academic Careers through International Collaboration. Stanford University Press, 2017.
- De Welde, Kris. 2017. "Moving the Needle on Equity and Inclusion." Humboldt Journal of Social Relations 1 (39): 192-211.
- Sociologists for Women in Society