Manage episode 313537525 series 3274477
Today our guest is Nicolas Brusson, Co-Founder and CEO at BlaBlaCar, the world’s leading intercity ridesharing service. We’ll be discussing carpooling in the pandemic / post-pandemic world, lessons in international growth especially of BlaBlaCar’s bus service in markets like Mexico, India, Russia, and Brazil, the road to becoming the intercity transportation super app, and building a culture of entrepreneurship and legacy through the BlaBlaCar mafia.
- 1:08 Effect of the pandemic on transport and travel. The economic power of collective intelligence.
- 6:57 Trust broker building community and maximizing connections between passengers and drivers.
- 10:05 Intercity transport. Connecting bus carriers to the platform. Scaling across Russia, Eastern Europe, Mexico, India, and Brazil.
- 15:11 Ridesharing competitors in bus and carpooling. Becoming the Expedia or Booking.com of buses.
- 20:06 Going international: the transformation of BlaBlaCar as it expands to 22 countries. 80% of usage is now outside of France…60% is outside of Europe. On the road to profitability and an IPO?
- 25:12 Lessons in growth. Offline-to-online transformation of transportation infrastructure.
- 30:37 Intercity transportation super-app.
- 33:50 BlaBlaCar in the US?
- 37:50 The BlaBlaCar mafia and building a culture of entrepreneurship. When you leave, do something great, build a legacy…
Be sure to subscribe to and share the podcast on Apple, Spotify, or your preferred podcast platform, and check out the video version on our YouTube channel.
The French Tech News is a newsletter, podcast, and video media highlighting important stories, in English, in the world of France’s startups, its entrepreneurs, investors, and ecosystem leaders. Hosted by Chris O'Brien and Ethan Pierse.
Be sure to sign up for the French Tech Journal newsletter for more stories and announcements.