Manage episode 313537537 series 3274477
Today, we have a Clubhouse conversation with France's Secretary of State for Digital Affairs, Cédric O, discussing the new national cybersecurity strategy for France. Announced last Thursday, February 17th, by President Macron, this strategy allocates over €1.3 billion of public and private capital to develop and reinforce new cybersecurity solutions for the government as well as businesses and individuals, educate and train new cybersecurity professionals, create 20,000 new jobs in the sector, as well as help scale France's cybersecurity startups, scaleups, and intellectual property.
- Minister O's Introduction
- €1.3B National Cybersecurity Strategy
- Digital Transformation, Cybersecurity, and French Healthcare System
- Budget Breakdown
- Cybersecurity Education and Workforce
- Startups, Scaleups, Unicorns, Decacorns
- Research and Development
- Cyber Campus at La Défense
- Capital deployment in healthcare system
- Sovereign vs global partner participation
- Cyber campus goals...international visibility vs building the sovereign cybersecurity ecosystem
- Defensive vs offensive cybersecurity initiatives
- Digital culture as part of a cybersecurity strategy (QAnon and other digital disinformation campaigns)
- French cybersecurity startup acquisitions
- European cybersecurity agenda
Be sure to subscribe to and share the podcast on Apple, Spotify, or your preferred podcast platform, and check out the video version on our YouTube channel.
The French Tech News is a newsletter, podcast, and video media highlighting important stories, in English, in the world of France’s startups, its entrepreneurs, investors, and ecosystem leaders. Hosted by Chris O'Brien and Ethan Pierse.
Be sure to sign up for the French Tech Journal newsletter for more stories and announcements.
This conversation was recorded on Clubhouse in compliance with Clubhouse's Terms of Service as all speakers provided permission to record and publish this content.