YPAW 56: Benjamin Yeo - Learning about Thai Culture & Language, Challenges Faced in Music Education and Performance Arts, Finding His Tribe, Inspiration from Mineral Water
Manage episode 298655679 series 2817362
This week I am joined by perhaps the most prolific contributor to the Singapore Wind Band Repertory, Benjamin Yeo. Benji is an avid contributor to multiple facets of the local music and band scene taking on roles as an educator, composer, conductor.
In this first part of a 2 part episode, we spoke about:
- How it is perfectly ok to call him Benji instead of Benjamin
- His obsession with the Thai culture
- Challenges he faced over the last one year being a Music Teacher and the Dean of the Aesthetic Department
- The Music Elective Programme vs the IB music syllabus
- How he never intended to join the school band
- How he fell in love with the art form that is Concert Band
- How a particular brand of mineral water jump started his composition career
And much more about his musical journey and thoughts regarding music education and band programmes in Singapore.
To register and find out more about THE 4TH NEW TALENT BRITISH INTERNATIONAL YOUTH MUSIC COMPETITION
Thank you so much for tuning in to this episode of the podcast! You can get in touch with me through https://www.youplayawhat.com . Subscribe and share this podcast with your friends if you enjoyed the episode. Feel free to leave a rating and review on which ever platform you choose to listen to your podcast!