S04 E01: Keys to Creating Meaningful Connections and Making an Impact With Social Media Coach Lissette Calveiro
Manage episode 299672962 series 2868078
Welcome back to Waves Social! We waste no time kicking off season 4 with an incredible guest, Lissette Calveiro, a renowned Latina business coach, entrepreneur, and content creator. In 2020, Lissette was named a top 10 social media coach by Yahoo Mail, and she also received a Shorty Award for her Kindness Cards campaign. In today’s episode, Lissette shares how she got started in influencer marketing and how she translated her agency experience to the world of influencing. Although there is a growing stigma around the word influencer, Lissette believes that if you are connected to a set of values, you can spread a positive message. This does not necessarily mean you have a social impact message, but it does mean that you have to be intentional with what you are putting out there. We dive into the true value of community and why it is important to differentiate between followers and community. It is no longer enough to just look at the number of followers you have but to understand how engaged your community is. It might seem impossible to create a community at this stage, but it is more possible than ever. We also talk about time management, where Lissette shares how she makes her days work for her, the importance of disconnecting, and the value of speaking a language that people understand.
Key Points From This Episode:
- Get to know today’s guest, Lissette Calveiro.
- Details about our season 4 merch we are dropping soon.
- Lissette’s career journey and how she came to influencing and influencer marketing.
- What Lissette learned from her time at an agency and how she applies it to her work today.
- Major lessons Lissette learned through her client services work.
- Details about The Shorty Award Lissette won and why it was especially meaningful to her.
- The practicalities behind running a campaign for an organization that is not attached to a brand.
- How Lissette’s upbringing and her identity as a Latina influence her day-to-day and how she runs her business.
- Lissette’s definition of influencer and how it links to the difference between community and followers.
- How to measure community and what signals the health of your community.
- What influencers can do to truly connect with their communities.
- Top tips on how to get past your fears of social media Lives.
- Why influencer impact is so important to Lissette.
- How brands can be more intentional about their marketing.
- What influencers can do to use their communities for the greater good.
- Lissette’s advice for how you can become more consistent in content production.
- How Lissette approaches batching and why this is so efficient for her.
- The value of producing content for a range of platforms.
- Lissette’s take on virality and which platforms are best to go viral on.
- What a typical workday looks like for Lissette and how she uses time-blocking.
- Whether or not it is too late to become an influencer.
- What it means to find your niche and how this helps you hone in on your story.
- Why Lissette chooses not to share her whole life on social media.
- Who Lissette thinks is currently making waves online.
Links Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
Merch Discount Code — outofoffice