Manage episode 296182821 series 2391288
In Episode 109, Greg and Pam discuss tires, vacations, and puzzles.
Special thanks to CashmanCreates Cashman for the intro!SURVEY
Before we released episode 100, we asked our listeners to help us by completing a survey. we wanted to share the results of that survey with you, it can be found here
On that note, we have a new survey for you! It is really brief, we are evaluating whether or not to begin a Facebook group. Please help us by taking a minute or two to complete it.SPONSORS
We are Knitcrate Ambassadors! Are you the kind of knitter who would enjoy receiving a surprise package of yarn in the mail every month? Then you need to sign up for a Knitcrate subscription. Every month, you will receive a selection of curated yarn, a pattern specifically paired to use with the yarn, and a treat. Use code KD20 at checkout for 20% off your first package when you sign up for a subscription.NOTES Dear Listeners
Note that many of the links in our show notes refer to pages on Ravelry.com. If visiting Ravelry causes you harm, please be cautious clicking links. If you are interested in a link that is inaccessible to you, you can email info at unravelingpodcast dot com and Greg and/or Pam will happily send you the information.Yarn In the News
In this episode we discussed an article from the Guardian about the new generation of male knitters. Pam mentioned the documentary The Mask You Live In.Greg’s Projects
- Greg is working on his Christmas socks with yarn from KnittyAndColor. In order to avoid second-sock-syndrome, he knits the second sock first and he’s done with that, now! So just one more sock to go.
- Greg is working on Frog and Toad by Kristina Ingrid McGowan. His wife’s birthday has come and gone, so he can work on it without being secretive now.
- Greg is working on this year’s Romi’s 2021 Spring Mystery Shawl KAL. He is using yarn from A Verb For Keeping Warm.
- Greg bought a few grab-bags of yarn from The WoolyThistle. He plans to use it for the Fisherman’s Kep hat (once he finishes Frog and Toad).
- Pam finished the Namaste Yoga Socks by Brenda Castiel. She used Ice Yarns Print Sock.
- Pam worked on her goals blanket using the Cosy Stripe Blanket by Attic24. She started with a Double Crochet Foundation (actual term) and used this tutorial. She is using Stylecraft Special DK.
- Pam did some major ripping and starting over on Ella’s Felted Christmas Stocking. She is using Knitpicks Wool of the Andes Bulky.
- Pam forgot to tell you last time that she made 2 hats on a knitting loom. She used some mystery bulky acrylic. This is the tutorial she used.
- Pam is swatching for a top – enabled by the Disorganized Sweater KAL. It is the Cesaria Top by Irina Anikeeva. She is using Elsebeth Levold Hempathy.
- Pam is working on a crocheted Corner to Corner Dishcloth. She is using the tutorial from Lauri Bolland.
- We are in between books right now and are taking a brief “summer break”. When we start up again, our book club book will be The Knitter’s Book of Yarn: The Ultimate Guide to Choosing, Using, and Enjoying Yarn by Clara Parkes.
- Some of our community members started a disorganized KAL for making sweaters/tops/vests… any kind of torso garment. There is some great discussion in the Ravelry thread! We gave away a prize to people commenting in the thread….
- Greg went to Atlanta to see a Braves game.
- Greg went to a Tedeschi Trucks Band concert and met a fellow knitter.
- The Carolina FiberFest is looking for Crochet Instructors and Designers.
- Pam mentioned the Magic Puzzle Company.
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you click on a link to Cooperative Press, Amazon, or Knitcrate and subsequently make a purchase, we’ll receive a small commission from the sale. You pay the same, and the commissions will help cover our podcasting expenses. Our opinions are always our own.Find us all over the Internet
- Subscribe in iTunes: The Unraveling Podcast
- Podcast RSS Feed: Unraveling Podcast
- Twitter: @UnravelingPod
- Facebook: Unraveling Podcast
- Instagram: @UnravelingPodcast
- Ravelry Group: Unraveling Podcast
- Greg is KnittingDaddy on Ravelry, @KnittingDaddy on Instagram, and also writes the KnittingDaddy blog.
- Pam is pammaher on Ravelry and @pammaher on Instagram