Manage episode 280958521 series 2626211
Black mold is a common problem in homes with regular exposure to moisture, particularly bathrooms. But there is something you can do about it.
Tim, a Today’s Homeowner Podcast listener, is dealing with this issue after converting a half-bath laundry room to a full bathroom.He doesn’t regret the decision to convert the laundry room, but there is one unfortunate side effect. The ceiling now has black mold, and he thinks it’s coming from the shower steam. That probably means one of two things: First, the drywall isn’t moisture-resistant, which should be the case for any bathroom. Otherwise, there’s just not enough ventilation to cover the space. In either case, we have the solution. Listen to the Today’s Homeowner Podcast for that and many more home improvement tips!
- [1:28] Tips for replacing a window with a door
- [6:37] What to do about stained, cracking grout
- [12:41] Best New Product: Ryobi 18-Volt Brushless Cordless Compact ½-inch Drill/Driver Kit
- [14:38] Replacing hinged, swinging doors with sliding barn doors
- [19:44] Replacing a ceramic kitchen sink under a granite countertop
- [21:58] What to do about stains from dog urine
- [23:19] Simple Solution: How to make furniture polish from ingredients you have in your pantry
- [25:32] Question of the Week: Tips to prevent black mold in a bathroom