Manage episode 335571832 series 135
02:30 - The Verge's David Pierce talks with deputy editor Alex Heath about how Meta is pivoting Facebook and Instagram away from your friends and more towards short form video from creators.
- Mark Zuckerberg braces Meta employees for 'intense period'
- Facebook is changing its algorithm to take on TikTok, leaked memo reveals
- Adam Mosseri confirms it: Instagram is over
- Instagram is making almost all videos Reels and will show them to way more people
- Facebook doubles down on algorithms in the main feed
- Facebook puts news on the back burner as it continues to push video and creators
- Listen to Land of the Giants: The Facebook / Meta Disruption
24:04 - Casey Newton chats with David about the social media app BeReal, and whether it's able to succeed among social media titans.
40:55 - The Vergecast Hotline is back! Experts at The Verge answer your tech questions.
Call our Vergecast Hotline at 866-VERGE11 (866-837-4311).
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we'd love to hear from you.
Find us on Twitter:
Alex Heath is @alexeheath
Casey Newton is @caseynewton
Monica Chin is @mcsquared96
Dan Seifert is @dcseifert
Becca Farsace is @BeccaFarsace
David Pierce is @pierce
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit podcastchoices.com/adchoices