Manage episode 304001465 series 2895177
I am finally sharing my breastfeeding journey in this episode. It is still going on as Sarelle continues nursing at almost two years old. I thought I would share what we have experienced since the day she was born, how it's changed, the highs, the lows, and everything in between.
I'm also sharing my top tips for what I wish I knew before I started breastfeeding. Plus, what I will be taking into breastfeeding baby number two.
Highlights from this episode:
- My breastfeeding journey with Sarelle
- The pressures of an intense feeding schedule
- Natural ways to increase milk supply
- Using donor milk and goat milk formula for top ups
- Stress impacts milk supply
- Introducing a bottle earlier than we planned
- Why we didn’t use a pacifier
- The most comfortable nursing bra
- Take care of your nipples + products I used
- Clogged milk duct tips
- Predisposition to low milk supply with Hashimoto’s
- Breastfeeding and introducing solids
- Sarelle starting night weaning between 8-10 months old
- The challenges with getting your period and ovulating while breastfeeding
- Get help from a lactation consultant
- The special bond you create breastfeeding
- Will I be a tandem breastfeeding mama or not?
- My top 12 breastfeeding tips
- Get a double breast pump!