Manage episode 287467436 series 2895177
There is nothing more empowering than being able to have the tools available in your own home to help your child through any ailment.
Dr. Elana Roumell shares so many tips and ideas on how to take your child's health into your hands with natural medicine remedies. She will give you the confidence to help your sick child in the most safe and natural way. As a mom, you want to be the one in control of your child’s health.
Highlights from this episode:
- Mom Tip: Always buy a bigger sized snowsuit
- Dr. Elana’s mission to empower moms
- When Elana was 9 her younger brother died suddenly from asthma
- Decision fatigue in motherhood
- Helping parents to feel empowered
- Educating parents about fevers
- Fevers during teething are due to inflammation
- How amber necklaces help teething babies
- The impact worry has on mom’s health and child’s health
- When to treat at home vs. going to the doctor’s
- Should you see a Paediatrician or a Naturopath?
- The 3 M’s the moms measuring tool
- Top 5 natural medicines to have in your toolbox
- Elderberry is safe at 6 months and up (without honey)
- Vitamin D + K2 recommendations for breastfeeding moms & babies
- What is homeopathy?
- Camilia helps pain and teething
- Arnica works for injury and healing
- Pulsatila helps before, during, and after childbirth
- It’s important to observe your child and how they respond to treatment
- Doctor Mom’s guides to homeopathic, herbal remedies, and health food supplements
- DHA is needed for brain development
- How to decide between cod liver oil and fish oil supplements
- The 4 important components to create a balanced meal
- Sauerkraut is a naturally occurring probiotic
- Build healthy habits early on
- Advice to moms… trust your intuition
- Empower yourself to make informed consent about vaccines