Manage episode 302220816 series 48468
Do you want to know more about using the gymnastics rings as a training tool for climbing?
On Tuesday, October 6th at 6-7:30pm MDT, Climbing Coach Alex Stiger will be hosting a very affordable, 90-minute workshop where you’ll learn the key considerations for using gynmastics rings in your training plan.
- How to properly use the rings
- How to scale workouts for different ability levels
- How to avoid common, potentially injurious, mistakes
- Coach Alex’s favorite exercises
- Recording will be sent out at the end if you can’t make it to the live event
In the episode, Coach Alex and I tackled the topic of making a gym session really count, and how to stay in a positive mindset even when you’re having a bad session. It’s easy to get derailed in your climbing session if you do poorly on a route, can’t make move, or just feel tired in general and lack motivation.
We talk about things you can do to keep your motivation high and to make small wins in your sessions. She provides drills and exercises you can use to keep yourself in a growth mindset as opposed to a fixed mindset, and we talk about what those things are.
Alex is about to start her next 6-week Team Training Program with 12 team members, and this is the most hands-on way to work with Alex. If you’re interested in being part of her next cohort, you can sign up here. Earlybird sign-ups end Wednesday, September 15th, 2021 and there are only a handful of spots left!Episode Details
- What constitutes a “bad” or “good” session for both of us
- Common triggers for bad sessions and what to do about them
- How to have an adjustable plan for each session
- How to scale sessions or exercises to fit your psych and energy levels
- Don’t try to salvage the shipwreck…
- How to take grades out of the equation at the ym
- Climbing and training at your appropriate challenge level
- Chess tournaments for her as one of the very few females at them
- Our recent big sends after surgery
- Mastery exercises to keep your sessions very focused
- Take Alex’s class on Rings for Climbers
- Join Alex’s next Team Program
- Work on your nutrition with Neely
- Have questions? Email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please give the podcast an honest review on iTunes here to help the show reach more curious climbers around the world.