Manage episode 333475523 series 1822924
This week David and Marina discuss how to prepare for undergraduate architecture school. The two cover learning different skills and tools such as software programs, sculpture, drawing, and painting; learning about construction; common challenges students face; architectural education in general; dealing with negativity in the profession of architecture; and more. Enjoy!
- (03:44) Learning computer programs such as CAD, Rhino, SketchUp, or Revit.
- (27:50) Sculpture, drawing, and painting classes
- (34:01) Architecture school is not only about creating “hirable” graduates
- (43:22) Learning about construction
- (51:09) The mindset of a designer: Embracing failure and the process of redesigning.
- (59:55) Buildings are more complicated today than ever before. Should architecture education evolve?
- (01:05:00) Learning about financial management
- (01:08:10) Dealing with negativity: Should architecture students be optimistic about their future careers in architecture?
SUPPORT Leave a review :)
EPISODE CATEGORIES • Interviews: Interviews with industry leaders. • Design Companion: Informative talks for clients. • After Hours (AH): Casual conversations about everyday life. • Design Reviews: Reviews of creative projects and buildings. • Fellow Designer: Tips for designers.