Manage episode 326824377 series 1486352
Allison is joined by Katia Beauchamp to discuss how her company Birchbox broke into the beauty industry and acquired 2.5 million subscription customers. They discuss how birchbox started as a simple idea, the resistance she faced from skeptics, and what she did to push her idea through to success.
- The connection between branding and culture
- How Birchbox disrupted the beauty industry with their subscription model
- The gift of naivety as an entrepreneur
- Pros and cons of raising funds
- The only way to get real engagement from your team
- Setting and maintaining clear priorities
- The only marketing secret you need to close sales
- Finding product-market fit
- Navigating entrepreneurship as a mother of four
- And other topics…
Katia Beauchamp is the co-founder of Birchbox. Birchbox is best known for redefining the way people discover and shop for beauty and grooming by pairing a monthly subscription of handpicked, customized samples with relevant content and a curated e-commerce shop and spearheading the DTC subscription boom, serving millions of customers, over 300 beauty and grooming brand partners, operations in four countries.
Katia holds an M.B.A. from Harvard Business School and a B.A. in International Studies & Economics from Vassar College. She has been honored with accolades including Advertising Age Women to Watch, CEW Achievers Award, Fortune 40 Under 40, Inc. 30 Under 30, Marie Claire’s New Guard, WWD Digital Innovator of the Year, and YMA Fashion’s Entrepreneur of the Year, among others. She is currently an Entrepreneur-in-Residence at Harvard Business School, where she meets with students and faculty as an official advisor on campus.
PINNACLE GLOBAL NETWORK
If you’re a CEO or Founder and you're ready to build a scalable company that can thrive without you, join Allison for a FREE masterclass to learn the 5 Critical Phases You MUST Know in order to scale to 8-Figures and beyond. Head over to https://www.scalemasterclass.com/podcast to secure your seat today.